There are many parts that make up a perfect kitchen and all of them must be thought of whilst planning your kitchen. In this blog we will talk about the different areas that bring a kitchen together and some common trends in these areas.
Taps may not be the first item you think of when we talk about important parts to a kitchen, but they are something that we all use multiple times a day and they make a big impact on the final look and feel of a kitchen. At Hill Farm Furniture we only use the highest quality tap companies like Perrin & Rowe and Quooker. (For more information about how to choose the right tap for your kitchen, go to https://www.perrinandrowe.co.uk/blog/choosing-the-right-tap-for-your-kitchen.html.)
In terms of future tap trends:
- We are seeing the introduction of more hands-free taps. As we approach a post-pandemic world, we are becoming more and more careful about the surfaces that we touch. A hands-free tap eliminates the need to worry about this and they are becoming more and more popular in kitchens. With a Quooker tap, you always have instant boiling water alongside regular hot and cold. Add a Quooker CUBE and you will also have filtered chilled and sparkling water – all from the same tap.
- Matt black, bronze and brass kitchen taps are also seeing an increase in popularity. They offer a subtle alternative to chrome or polished steel kitchen taps and are perfect for adding a splash of complementary colour to hand painted, bespoke kitchens.
Kitchen Cabinet Handles
With so much choice, kitchen cabinet handles can sometimes be too big a subject to handle (pardon the pun), so we use the manufacturer Armac Martin amongst others. Just like Hill Farm Furniture, this British company crafts all its products in the UK to provide a quality of product that is unsurpassed. Products like the new Digbeth range, with its industrial design-led style, echoing the raw textures to create a contemporary aesthetic.
Like taps, handles in brass, bronze and antiqued copper-colour effect are becoming ever popular from quintessentially country style cup handles to contemporary T-bar designs.
A kitchen that includes appliances is always welcomed right? At Hill Farm we only ever use top quality appliances to ensure that your kitchen is a real standout! Our brands Neff and Miele are two of the most innovative suppliers of kitchen appliances on the market today.
- One trend that we are currently seeing in kitchen appliances is the introduction of handless ovens that use touch to open and soft open technology. Coffee machines are also moving towards a one-touch operation. Just like taps, the future seems to be about reducing to a minimum the number of times we need to touch an appliance.
- Another appliance trend that we are seeing is the revolution of the fridge. Fridges are becoming so versatile and multi-functional, and we are now seeing them become an aesthetic feature to match the décor of the kitchen. With and without Smart technology.
A kitchen splashback will protect your walls from hob and sink splashes and is moving towards becoming a statement feature.
- Glass – This may seem like an obvious choice, but it is still a popular one! Made from toughened glass, a glass splashback is easy to fit, easy to clean, and offers a modern and stylish alternative to tiles.
- Match splashback with worktop – If you were looking for a seamless link between your kitchen worktops and splashbacks, then matching your splashback with your worktop is a great finishing touch.
- Patterned – You shouldn’t be afraid to make a statement with your splashback, it is one of the easiest places in a kitchen to play around with colour and texture. You can grab someone’s attention the second they walk into your kitchen with a pattern of a contrasting colour to the rest of the kitchen. Don’t be afraid to let your mind run wild!